
Apples to Apples. My opinion of this opinionated game varies each time I play, varying,of course, with the time, place and people I am playing with. At school it's played alot, but I usually don't join in because I usually don't have time/ it's played so often I kind of get sick of
it. However, at home I play it alot because it's one of my family's favorites. For the record, playing with my family is much different from playing it anywhere else.
For instance, tonight while playing Apples to Apples my brother Kyle's turn
to be judge came, and he got the word "Boring" (Boring: Dull, Tedious, Monotonous).
I put down "Bell Bottoms," mostly because I didn't have anything else, but I figured that they couldn't be too exciting, right?
it. However, at home I play it alot because it's one of my family's favorites. For the record, playing with my family is much different from playing it anywhere else.
For instance, tonight while playing Apples to Apples my brother Kyle's turn

to be judge came, and he got the word "Boring" (Boring: Dull, Tedious, Monotonous).
I put down "Bell Bottoms," mostly because I didn't have anything else, but I figured that they couldn't be too exciting, right?
Oh how wrong I could be. Kyle had no idea what they were! As soon as he got to my card he got this funny look on his face, looked up and goes, "Bell bottoms? What the heck are those?" I quickly tried to explain ("They're jeans, Kyle, very boring-"), when Josh jumped in seized the opportunity as it came to him,
"NO KYLE, they're the jeans with the FLARES!"
*pause, while Kyle is looking expectingly at Josh*
"THEY CAN MAKE PEOPLE FLY!!!!"
"THEY CAN MAKE PEOPLE FLY!!!!"
What?!!
Suddenly I hear from Kyle,
"That is so COOL!"
Me: "No, Kyle, they do not make you fly!!!!"
"Too late!"
And with that, he tossed my card into the discard pile.
No comments:
Post a Comment