Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We Didn't Start the Fire...

So, I've been home for about three weeks now, and still no signs of a job. I've interviewed at quite a few places, but so far nobody has given me a call back or sent me some sort of message telling me "Yes! You're the one! We need to give money to YOU!" To tell you the truth, it's kind of frustrating.

I need to earn money so that I'll be able to go on my study abroad to Paris this fall, and go back to BYU in the winter. Even with a job I'll need to take out a loan, and right now I'm feeling pretty desperate. Sure, we're in a recession- more people are taking the jobs that college students usually get, people need to feed their families, and everyone's feeling the squeeze of the economy as we reach deeper into our pockets to pay for basic needs...but really people?? I am a GREAT kid. I deserve that job!!!

All facetiousness put aside, alot of people are much worse off than I am, so I can definitely try to remember that and be patient while I scurry around the job market.

On another note, I quit facebook! The other day I was up really late stalking my friends on facebook. Oh how I miss them! I miss the part about college where you are constantly surrounded by friends, especially my best friends- we're like a little family! But anyway, while I was doing this, I realized that I just keep thinking about school and my friends and how much I miss everything. I've been thinking about how I miss everything so much that I think I haven't been appreciating how good it is to be home. So, from now on out I'm going to be jumping into everything here at home and try to get involved as much as possible. I'll definitely still keep in touch with all my friends, so overall I think it's a good thing.


Speaking of friends, apparently Caitlin is a Picasso under wraps! Check out her latest masterpiece...
Will this girl ever cease to amaze the world with her talent?? ;)

Dating wise, I have an update for you that I'm thinking is a pretty good indicator of how this summer is going to go:

From the Boston Globe, 5/17/09:

"CAMBRIDGE -- A fire broke out this morning during a meeting at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints outside Harvard Square in Cambridge, sending members spilling out onto the street."

Thankfully everyone got out just fine. However, the building that burned down? That was my singles ward :)

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

YESSSSSSSS! That is all I have to say about this whole post. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
And I miss you. How many times do I have to tell you that the position of personal slave to yours truly is still available?! :) :) :) :)