Saturday, May 9, 2009

Live Free or Die

Bonjour! Je suis dans la belle state de Nouvelle Hampshire. Oui, c'est vrai!

I got home on April 29th. Since then my life has been full of application after application searching for jobs in the area. I've been applying to department stores, restaurants, banks and whatever else my parents and I can come up with. I had to write my first real resume and cover letter- weird. It's like I'm adult or something.

Yesterday I drove my sister to meet up with some of her friends in Claremont. After I dropped her off, my stomach politely reminded me that it was Frappe Friday and a nice Sundae would be very much appreciated. Torn between saving money and my stomach, I decided to let my dad make the decision and called him up.
"Hey Dad, while I'm still in Claremont is there anything you'd like me to pick up? Or do you want me to come straight home?"

"I don't know Dani," he replied. "It's up to you." Pause. "You are an adult. You choose."

You know it's bad when your dad feels like he has to remind you that are an adult. I think I heard somewhere that most college students have the opposite problem when they come home. What's my problem?? I made up for this feeling of inadequacy by going to Wal-Mart and picking up a tub of strawberry revel ice cream, with a quart of raspberry sherbet and chocolate sauce to keep it company.

3 comments:

Care said...

ha ha Dani I just love you! Don't feel too bad, I have to be constantly reminded that I am an adult now and I refuse to believe a word of it! I plan on acting like a kid for the rest of my life. I'm never growing up! Wanna join? :)

Dani said...

Yes yes yes!! It sounds like fun!!!

Caitlin said...

Oh, the good ol' days of Milkshake Monday, Typhoon Tuesday...
Good job with the ice cream, old bean! Oh, and the position of personal slave to yours truly is still open!