Okay, that's an understatement- it STORMED! Thunder and lightning while we were eating le diner (viande (raw steak- cooked, but just enough to heat it), pommes de terre, salade (bien sur), fromage (bien sur!), et la glace chocolat pour le desert)! Ahhh, it was fantastique!
So, I think something might be wrong with me (Caitlin thinks so too), because it turns out that I really like raw meat.
Uhhh.....

I think I'm also starting to like the cheese. Not sure though, because what if I actually hate the cheese just as much as I did the first time, but I'm convincing myself that I like it because I think it'd be cool to be able to say I love french cheeses? Am I really a fan? Plus also, it's such a french thing to love cheese. I don't know. This whole tangent is rather smelly. I'm done.
Yesterday was one of those perfect days that I wish I could put in a bottle and keep on my shelf, to open when days aren't so great. After our 201 class I headed over to the Tuileries to study and ended up sitting in a chair for 3 hours watching little kids play soccer and hide-and-go-seek ("cache-cache" in french).
This is a picture of a group of school kids I saw playing Red Rover.
Check out the intensity on their faces! My friends and I used to love playing Red Rover. Good times, great oldies. Also, in the background there was a group of boys playing soccer with a knotted-up plastic bag. Goooooooooooooooooooallllllll!!!!!!
Here's where I spent the next three hours "studying." Yeah, I ended up just thinking about stuff and people watching.
Another really cool thing about the Tuileries is that kids soccer teams have practice in there. It's probably like that in most parks or gardens in Paris, but it's interesting because they don't have a field to actually play on. They just play on the dirt garden paths. Here's an example of a dad and his son playing soccer in les Jardins des Tuileries.
All in all, it was a great day. La vie est belle, non?
1 comment:
cute! that's so fun that you just sat there forever watching them! dani you're great. poser--trying to like raw meat and cheese. what makes you think you could possibly like anything french?? haha...jk
Post a Comment