Monday, October 5, 2009

Hyde Park to Hogwarts

London: the setting place of millions of brilliant stories.

Here in Hyde Park, a mother tells her friend of the great life her son Peter will have; he will graduate at the top of his class, go on to become a great lawyer, doctor, statesman, and eventually Prime Minister of all Great Britain. Simultaneously, he will earn the Nobel Peace Prize for discovering the cure for cancer/swine flu/common cold/hang-nails. Understandably, poor little Peter is freaking out and secretly scheming to run away from his perambulator while his mother thinks he is asleep.

Tottenham Court Road is the place where Harry, Hermione and Ron disapparated to after Bill and Fleur's wedding reception was invaded by Death Eaters, and when Caitlin and I stumbled onto it, we knew we had to do a reenactment. Unfortunately, neither of us have passed our Apparation test yet, but we are pretty much skilled in everything else Harry Potter related. If you look closely at the following picture you may notice the resemblance Caitlin and I have to Harry and Voldemort during the graveyard scene of the 4th movie.

"...but no matter, I can touch him now!"


...uncanny, right?

4 comments:

Emma said...

ha ha yes! you are harry and voldemort. also, don't you paln your future children's lives like that mother...? oh. just me? jk jk. i wish i would have remembered tottenham court road from hp!

Caitlin said...

brill

... said...

So awesome. You two are great. What a photo!

Caitlyn said...

Love it. I like your blog haha.