Before we got here, my view of Paris was kind of like this shot of the Eiffel tower- in the far distance and hard to focus on because there are so many other distractions in the shot.
Then, we arrived, and suddenly everything was In-Your-Face-This-Is-A-New-Country-Wow-I-Do-Not-Speak-French overwhelming. This time my view of Paris was obscured because PARIS was in the way.
As the shock wore off I started being able to see the bigger picture; things were beginning to make sense. However, it was still easy to feel isolated in this giant city.
But then, everything started to click. Suddenly the language was making sense, I knew my way around town, and Parisians didn't seem that scary.
Now I can see the big picture, and how all the little puzzle pieces came together to make it work. I feel like I understand this crazy place, and it is awesome.
Now I feel like this shot I took from on top of the Eiffel tower; not only can I see the whole city, but I could point out landmarks, tell you stories, and recommend things to do at different places. I can just sit back and enjoy the view...of beautiful, amazing Paris.
So, see ya Paris. I'll be back.
1 comment:
beeeeutiful pics dani!! holy toledo!!!
Post a Comment