Friday, July 9, 2010

Just tink happy tawts

Hello, this is Dani and Aunt Shauna saying hi from the University of Utah hospital in Salt Lake City, UT. We got here about an hour ago, and it's now 12:56 am.

Dad arrived at Huntsman yesterday for a nose bleed that just wouldn't stop, double vision and numbness on one side of his face. All of these symptoms are being caused by tumors that have developed in his sinuses and one on the back of his right eye. A cluster of tumors in a certain area is called a family..kind of ironic.

"Remember me?" responds Aunt Shauna when I ask her if she has any ideas for what we should say, "I hate to write."

But she can crochet at the speed of light.

Tell you what, I can't even crochet, let alone crochet at record-breaking speeds, but right now..I don't want to write either.

My dad's ENT is named Davy Crockett. No joke...but pretty funny anyways.

Tonight I left work to go home at 10:00 pm, and when I got back to my apartment I had three text messages from my mom, asking if I could come up to the hospital and that Shauna was on the way to pick me up. My mom has been at the hospital with my dad for the past two days, and neither one of them have gotten much sleep. Aunt Shauna and I are here to help 'em out :)

Anyway, for more updates you should probably check out my parent's blog. www.nhsavageblog.blogspot.com .

2 comments:

CRJ said...

You are just so amazing, Dani! Maybe you could start a new hobby, like thinking up new abbrevs? :) I miss you and am (always) thinking of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dani,
Great blog! Thanks for writing it. Though I hate to write...I love that you write so well. Your Mom said Dr. Davey Crockett has redeemed himself....lucky for him because he almost had a shoe thrown at him :)
Have a great day! Love,
Auuuunt Shauna