The library is good for all sorts of reasons. Like I mentioned in my last blog, Harold is almost always a good companion when I'm looking for a good place to study. It has information on almost every topic you may want or ever need, there are millions of books (it has 98 miles of shelving!), and even an ampitheatre.
So who would ever suspect that the library is also the perfect place to make-out?
I never would've guessed it before, but it's true! I'm willing to bet the rest of my meal-card money (for the next three weeks) that the library is the Number One place on campus to canoodle.
Canoodling includes, but is not limited to: obvious hand-holding (mild), petting, kissing, hard core macking and, overall, all activities done by couples that make the general population around them feel awkward.
One night I made the mistake of heading to the Periodicals to study at 6:45. I must've been a little early, because when I sat down there were only a few people, each sitting quietly by themselves at their respective tables. Within fifteen minutes, however, more started trickling in and seating themselves on-top of or next to each of these seemingly lonesome individuals. I think the total came to at least 5 couples, and let's just say they didn't come to study. (hmmm...or did they? Chemistry, anybody? ;) )
I don't know, maybe it's the quiet comfort of the books, or the view of the ASB out the giant periodical window that creates an atmosphere of romance. I like to think that they're just showing off, or sticking it to the rest of us who don't have a special "library buddy." Oh well. Either way, it looks fun...
Other Favorite Canoodling Places:
The Bell Tower: While a favorite, in general it's probably too cold, a little too far (and a little too obvious) to be number one.
JFSB Court Yard:......okay, it's probably BYU's #2 make-out place. The moon reflecting off the water of the giant fountain, the flora and granite walls- who could resist??
Sacrament Meeting: YES. I might get struck down by lightning for this one, but sacrament meeting is a happenin' place! No kissing (as far as I can see....) but definite canoodling.
FTR, I have nothing against canoodling/kissing/macking. But in the library?!
Maybe I'll understand when I'm older.
Next time: NCMO's.
2 comments:
Dani-dear! You are hilarious and you make me laugh... lots :)
I love that you have been updating your blog! Your posts are quite entertaining! I think you are hilarious and I love you!
Post a Comment