One of the classes I'm taking here in Paris is called French Civilization Through Photography. Each week we have to do a post on a subject that our professor gives us with a photo we took that reflects the subject. This was one of the photos I considered using for this weeks subject; I chose a different one, but the subject was our on our first impressions of Paris.
I took this picture at the Pompidou Centre, a museum of Modern Art. I like it because the first time you look you can see the guy standing on the tight rope; if you look carefully, however, you can also see that at the same time he appears to be standing on that square directly in line with the stone column. This makes him look like a giant, and he appears to actually be bigger than the door. I also like how the little kid is looking up at him, pointing. It just adds to the illusion.
I'll just say that Paris can be a giant optical illusion; I think there's the side tourists see, the image the rest of the world has of it, and then the other side that only real Parisiens know. Interesting, oui? :) I'll let you speculate on the rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment